Housing Authority of Fort Mill
Request for Proposals
Housing Authority of Fort Mill (HAFM), located at 105 Bozeman Drive, Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715, is seeking proposals from Developers who have interest in providing developmental assistance to the HAFM for the planning and execution of various affordable housing developments. Our immediate needs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The rehabilitation of and financial restructuring of 93 RAD units which were converted in October 2014 and located on Bozeman Drive utilizing 4% or 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTCs).
- The new construction of 16 units of affordable housing to be constructed on approximately two acres of land currently owned by the HAFM utilizing 4% or 9% LIHTCs.
- Other affordable housing developments such as a 9% LIHTCs new construction development and/or the rehabilitation of existing developments currently owned by HAFM.
Copies of this Request for Proposals may be obtained by contacting Ms. Connie Howard, Executive Director, at 803-547-6787 or via email at email@example.com.
There is no expressed or implied obligation for the HAFM to reimburse responding organizations (Respondents) for any expenses incurred in preparing proposals in response to this request.
To be considered for selection, the Authority must receive one original and 2 copies of the proposal by 4:00 p.m. EST on Friday, March 30th, 2018. The proposals can be delivered by mail, courier, delivery service or in person to:
The Housing Authority of Fort Mill
Attn: Ms. Connie Howard, Executive Director
105 Bozeman Drive, Fort Mill, SC 29715.
Please label the outside of the envelope with the phrase “Developer Proposal”. The HAFM reserves the right to request additional information or clarifications from firms, or to allow corrections of errors or omissions, at the discretion of HAFM.
Any and all questions must be submitted in writing by 12:00 p.m. EST on Friday, March 23rd, 2018, to Ms. Connie Howard, Executive Director.
Submission of a proposal indicates acceptance by the Firm of the conditions expressly contained in this Request for Qualifications.
It is anticipated the selection of a Developer will be completed by April 13th, 2018. Following the notification of the selected Developer, it is expected a contract will be executed between both parties.
Terms of Engagement
HAFM intends to enter into a two-year contract, with an option for additional two years, subject to the review of the Authority and the satisfactory negotiation of terms.
HAFM operates 141 apartments in developments known as: Nature Trail Crossing, Anderson and Harris Hills. The HAFM also operates the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program.
The HAFM is seeking qualification from Developers interested in providing development assistance to the Authority for the planning and execution of housing developments on various sites, including existing project-based rental assistance sites owned by HAFM and tax credit sites owned by affiliates of HAFM.
It is anticipated that developments may be funded from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, equity from LIHTCs, tax-exempt bond financing, HOME funds, Federal Home Loan Bank-AHP funds, etc.
In addition, HAFM may wish to utilize the services of the Developer on other types of activities. These activities may be funded by the sources listed above as well as other appropriate sources, including HUD insured mortgages. It is our intention to develop new housing, as well as to rehabilitate existing housing. HAFM may also consider acquiring existing developments and seeking financing for the acquisition and rehabilitation of those developments.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Work to be provided by the selected respondent may consist of the following services, for or on behalf of the HAFM: in a manner satisfactory to the HAFM and acceptable to the Executive Director, which may include guidance in the selection of other persons or organizations with the capability of performing one or more of the services required to:
- Assist the HAFM in obtaining a Market Study and other pertinent data to determine the development type, structure and location that is most suitable to meet HAFM’s goals.
- Assist the HAFM in evaluating the redevelopment its existing sites, including overseeing all third party reports and other customary due diligence.
- Assist the HAFM in negotiations with the city and/or other local public agencies to comply with any redevelopment, housing or community development plans.
- Assist the HAFM in developing and negotiating a rehabilitation and development plan that will be acceptable to the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Assist in identifying the financing structure most suited for the proposed development(s).
- Assist in the preparation, underwriting, gathering due diligence, and submission of any applications for appropriate financial resources.
- Assist in obtaining an acceptable loan commitment from a qualified lender or lenders to provide required construction and the permanent loans for the development.
- Assist in obtaining tax credit equity commitments, as needed, from a qualified equity provider.
- Assist HAFM in the redevelopment process as the lead developer.
HAFM requires that each respondent be an Equal Opportunity Employer and explicitly state that the respondent complies fully with all government regulations regarding nondiscriminatory employment practices.
Section 3 Participation
Section 3 regulations will apply to this contract, should the contract exceed $100,000. Pursuant to Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968, if additional job training, employment, and other economic opportunities are generated by this Initiative, then to the greatest extent feasible, these opportunities must be directed to low-income and very low-income persons. In addition to employment and training opportunities, Section 3 also seeks to benefit businesses owned by public housing residents and other low-income persons.
HAFM has a strong commitment to Section 3 program policy. In your cover letter, discuss your historical experience with Section 3, as well as your approach to maximizing resident training, employment and business opportunities resulting from developments with HAFM.
Memorandum of Understanding
After a Developer is selected by HAFM, Executive Director will negotiate on behalf of HAFM a Memorandum of Understanding or other comparable document with such Developer which sets forth the material terms of the agreement between HAFM and Developer.
Inquiries concerning the Request for Proposals must be made by 12:00 p.m. EST on Friday, March 23rd, 2018 and must be made to:
Connie Howard, Executive Director
Housing Authority of Fort Mill
105 Bozeman Drive
Fort Mill, SC 29715
Attachment 1 HUD- 5370-C-1 General Conditions for Non-Construction Contract
Attachment 2 HUD-5369-B Instructions to Offerors (non-construction)
Attachment 3 HUD-5369-A Representations, Certifications, and Other Statement
Of Bidders (to be completed and submit with qualifications package)
Respondents are required to submit the following:
- Cover letter. Must include the name of the responding Developer, contact person with a phone, fax number and email address. Please discuss your general approach to development projects, your general experience level, your history with working with housing authorities, HUD-RAD experience and your approach to Section 3 and maximizing resident training, employment and business opportunities resulting from any developments with HAFM.
- Respondent’s Qualifications and Experience. Provide evidence of the qualifications of the Respondent and its principal staff. Include examples of experience organized by the type (Public Housing Authority, LIHTC, HOME, Section 8, HUD, FHLB, etc.).
- Staff. Include names, resumes and roles of principal staff. Discuss the proposed organization of staff with regard to HAFM developments.
- Approach. Discuss of the Respondent’s general approach to accomplishing the tasks described in the Scope of Services.
- Financing. Discuss general approach to financing tasks described in the Scope of Services. List specific financing sources and discuss why they are appropriate for particular tasks and the methods of obtaining these financing resources..
- References. Provide three references, including the reference name, position, address, and phone number.
- Complete HUD Form 5369-A
Evaluation Factors for Award
Each proposal will be evaluated based on its responsiveness to this RFP.
The proposals will be submitted to an Evaluation Committee of the Authority for review and evaluation. The Evaluation Committee will review the submissions in accordance with the following factors and requirements:
- Experience and Qualifications – The Developer’s key staff should demonstrate the capabilities and the experience in managing the development process for affordable rental housing developments, including successfully working with public housing authorities. The Developer should clearly identify any experience with U.S. Housing and Urban Development, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, bond financing, HOME funding, Federal Home Loan Bank funding and other relevant entities and sources. (30 points)
- Project Approach – The degree to which the proposal thoughtfully and completely responds to the Scope of Services in this RFP and identifies any issues or concerns related to the overall plan and implementation approach. (30 points)
- Financing Methodology – The degree to which the proposal thoughtfully and completely responds to the Scope of Services in this RFQ and identifies the various funding strategies for each stage of new development and/or rehabilitation the Authority desires to achieve. (20 points total)
- Management Plan – The staffing in key positions, method of work assignment, procedures to ensure a high-quality level of service. (20 points total)
Submitted information will be reviewed and each Respondent will be evaluated relevant to the above factors. Final interviews may or may not be required.
During the evaluation process, the Authority may, at its discretion, request any one or all Respondents to make oral presentations. Such presentations will provide the Respondents with an opportunity to answer any questions the Evaluation Committee may have on the individual’s and/or Respondent’s proposal. Not all Respondents may be asked to make such oral presentations.
The Executive Director will select a Respondent based upon the recommendation of the Evaluation Committee.
Right to Reject Proposals
Submission of a proposal indicates the Respondent’s acceptance of the conditions contained in this Request For Proposals unless any disagreement with said conditions are clearly and specifically noted in the proposal submitted and confirmed in the contract between the HAFM and the selected Respondent. The HAFM reserves the right, without prejudice, to reject any or all proposals.