DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
The Jackson Housing Authority seeks a Deputy Executive Director to assist the Executive Director in administering the day-to-day operations of the Housing Authority, including assisting the Executive Director in the leadership, planning, coordination, management and supervision of the overall activities of the Housing Authority. The qualified candidate must possess the following:
• Extensive knowledge in planning, property management and development, public housing management, maintenance, HCV administration, finance, resident services, community development, and revitalization.
• Knowledge and experience in reading and interpreting local, state and federal regulations.
• Ability to manage the overall functions of the Authority in the absence of the Executive Director.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, residents, other housing authorities, local, state, and federal agencies and civic groups.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or related field, plus ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in public housing and property management, of which include a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience. (Master’s degree in related field preferred.)
• Ability to represent Housing Authority at public presentations and possess exceptional oral/written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
Public Housing Management (PHM) Certificate required within six (6) months of employment. Salary negotiable. Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Thursday, May 28, 2022