Executive Director Position Opening
The Morristown Housing Authority (MHA) is seeking a dedicated, experienced and qualified professional applicant for the position of Executive Director to replace the retiring Executive Director.
The qualified individual will be a proven leader with a progressive career in affordable housing management. They will be highly innovative with the ability to develop housing and funding sources, optimize capital and housing expenditures and maintain full compliance with all programmatic regulations and funding sources. Under the general direction of a 5-member Board of Commissioners, the Executive Director will assume full responsibility for the MHA services and activities including management of the overall operations and staffing of the Housing Authority as well as planning, directing and implementing all policies, programs and services.
The Executive Director will advise and assist the Board of Commissioners and will represent the organization before the public, the media, governmental entities and other parties. The Executive Director will provide effective leadership to 26 staff members, while implementing the strategic plan, vision and mission of the organization. The portfolio and budget of MHA includes 672 public housing units, 424 housing choice vouchers, 4 Home Grant units and $6 million in operating funding.
The candidate is required to possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Financial Management, or a related field, or qualified experience.
- Significant experience working with affordable housing programs, community development, and public administration with a minimum of five years of progressively responsible supervisory experience of 10 (or more) staff.
- Significant experience working with affordable housing and community development in relation to local, state and federal grants.
- Experience with HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Conversion Program
- Experience with Project Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)
- Experience with Section 8 Voucher Program and Project Based Vouchers (PBVs)
- Experience with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTCs) securing and management.
- Experience in creating and overseeing Redevelopment initiatives and asset management.
In addition, the candidate is preferred to possess qualifications related to:
- Community Service experience with previous membership roles and activities
- Service of Special Needs population
Salary is commensurate to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidates.
Email cover letter, detailed resume, and a listing of three or more professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include subject line: MHA – ED application
or mail to:
MHA – Executive Director Search
P.O. Box 497
Morristown, TN 37815
Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2020.
The Morristown Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or status in any other group protected by law.