Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field and 4+ years of experience in accounting and financial reporting.
Salary: $52,000+ DOE plus excellent benefits package
- Provides guidance to and reviews the work of Accountants and/or Accounting Technicians (I/II) for accounting functions related to cash receipts, fixed assets and inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Prepares detailed internal and external financial reports; prepares journal entries, reconciles accounts; maintains and reviews detailed general and sub-ledger fiscal records; reconciles bank statements; and prepares monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial statements.
- Prepares financial information in advance of HUD review by HUD and independent auditors; assists in responding to questions posed by auditors.
- Maintains and prepares the accounting and reporting records for federal and state housing programs, non-federal entrepreneurial and business activities, redevelopment and development programs, and other grant programs.
- Develops and reviews budgets and budget revisions for agency programs, using current data, historical data, and future projections. Compiles data into management reports.
- Performs complex analyses of financial information.
- Plans, develops, and assists in implementation of improved systems and methods of accounting and fiscal control; reviews and recommends modifications.
- Assists in formulation and implementation of policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Keeps abreast of matters related to new legislation, PIH Notices, concepts, and trends relevant to the field of accounting.
Submit an online application and supporting documents at https://jobs.kcdc.org by June 28, 2020.