The Opelika Housing Authority (OHA), an organization in the affordable housing industry, is seeking a results-driven individual to serve as Director of Finance and Administration. The individual will lead OHA’s Finance Department, which is responsible for maximizing and strengthening the fiscal operations of a changing organization. In addition, the individual will oversee all administrative operations of the Authority. The Director of Finance and Administration reports to the Executive Director.
As an OHA employee, you will become part of a team, dedicated to creating and sustaining affordable housing communities in Opelika. The Director of Finance and Administration will collaborate with executive leadership to develop and implement strategic initiatives as OHA continues to enhance its affordable housing operations.
The ideal candidate will use their financial acumen and experience to lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, planning and budgeting, and administration.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- High level of financial acumen demonstrated in affordable housing
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Proven ability to help individuals and teams develop, grow, and succeed
- Proven ability to develop and carry out strategic initiatives with set deadlines
- Ability to work with and service all levels of an organization, developing strong partnerships with internal colleagues as well as external strategic partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, consultants, contractors, architects, residents, HUD officials, and other local, state, and federal officials
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage a multitude of conflicting priorities against competing deadlines
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in governmental financial management, with a minimum of three (3) years in a managerial or director capacity. CPA license preferred.
*Must have financial affordable housing experience, from a housing authority or housing non-profit
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package included.
To apply: Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Finance and Administration” in the subject line. Please do not contact OHA directly.
To view the complete job description for this position, visit our website at https://www.opelikaha.org/employment-opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer / Equal Housing Opportunities