JOB TITLE: INSPECTIONS SCHEDULING SPECIALIST/HQS INSPECTOR
REPORTS TO: QUALITY CONTROL/HCV COORDINATOR
DEPT. /DIVISION: HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (HCV)
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
This position is responsible for scheduling all types of Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspections for the Housing Choice Voucher and Special programs according to requirements under the Code of Federal Regulations 982. This position will perform data entry of inspection results, mail inspection-related notices, reschedule inspections, as well as other clerical duties.
Under the supervision of the Quality Control/HCV Coordinator, this employee performs Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspections within the guidelines of HUD regulations and HAFC policies on an as-needed basis.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules all Housing Quality Standards inspections to include annual, new move-in, and special inspections.
- Mails out all inspection related correspondence to include appointments, no show, and abatement notices.
- Communicates via telephone with tenants and landlords regarding the status of inspections.
- Performs data entry of inspection results into HUD 52580 and prepares inspection booklet for tenant files.
- Pre-screens units for rent reasonableness determination designated software and forwards results to inspectors for approval or disapproval.
- Assigns and schedules new move-in inspections to inspectors upon receipt of approved RTA.
- Tracks all inspections to ensure timeframe for completion and deadlines are met.
- Prepares monthly reports of all inspection activities.
- Performs other related works as assigned if applicable to inspections.
INSPECTION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS NEEDED:
- Conducts Housing Choice Voucher HQS Inspections and may assist with inspections for the other HAFC managed/owned or operated Housing Units.
- Performs initial, annual, and special inspections on all HAFC HCV rental housing units located throughout North and South Fulton County inclusive of Hapeville, Riverdale, and College Park.
- Performs re-inspections on all inspections that fail in accordance with the HAFC procedures.
- Performs special inspections as requested by landlords, tenants, or HCV staff.
- Participates in the orientation meetings for property owners, as applicable.
- Assist with the collection of information to maintain current utility allowances for the HCV program.
- Maintains computer results of inspection.
- Enters inspection data into the computer system.
- Maintains statistical data to illustrate the compliance with all relevant data pertaining to SEMAP as pertains to inspections.
- Assists with performing quality control inspections for other inspectors.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalency, supplemented by college level courses, with a minimum of (1) year experience in public or private housing inspection services. Additional experience in construction, rehabilitation, building maintenance, or inspection experience is required. Education or training may substitute for experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Must have current HQS Certification.
- Possession of valid State of Georgia driver’s license.
- Ability to be covered under the Housing Authority’s fidelity bond.
- Ability to be insured by Agency’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Certified HQS Inspector through a professional housing organization.
- Working conditions require that person be mobile enough to drive within the boundaries of Fulton County, sit, stand, and walk up and down stairs and throughout buildings to access property for completion of inspections.
- Ability to work some Saturdays
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proper public contact and telephone etiquette
- Metropolitan Area served by HAFC
- Basic mathematical principlesSkill in:
- Operating a variety of office equipment including typewriters, calculators, computers, facsimile machines and photocopiers
- Interpret and explain HCV program rules, regulations, and requirements as pertains to inspections
- Learn pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and ordinances
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Adapt to a variety of work situations and interruptions
- Type at a speed necessary for successful job performance
- Listen carefully and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Work effectively with people from diverse socio-economic, cultural, and racial backgrounds
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Pass a criminal background and drug test
INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS OR PHYSICALLY DEMANDING WORKING CONDITIONS:
The employee works with and around chemicals found in an office environment (toner, correction fluid, etc.); may be exposed to irate or emotionally distraught individuals.
Please apply at email@example.com. Position is open until filled.